Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MOH Duties [Bachelorette Party]

Wedding season is here.  Typically, I am merely a wedding crasher.  This summer, I was asked to participate in not one, but TWO weddings.  In the same month.  [This is okay, because odds are, I won't be in very many weddings in my life.]
My bff, Jessica, is getting married July 2nd in DSM.  It will be a fancy-schmancy wedding and absolutely gorgeous, I am sure.  Jessie totally deserves her dream wedding and she's been working ridiculously hard to achieve it.  I just hate that she lives over 3 hours away and I'm not able to help as much as I would like to.
My wonderful mother is also getting married in July, which I have mentioned before. :)  I am so excited for her wedding, even though she's super nervous about the flood situation affecting the reception.  We're throwing a Pampered Chef bridal shower, which will be occurring on the same weekend as Jessie's bridal shower/bachelorette party.  I will be hungover and rushing from the state capital back to the Sioux to make it to Mom's party. 
I also have yet to plan my mom's bachelorette party.  Since it's pretty much a non-traditional wedding, we will be meeting up with the fellas later in the evening.  I am thinking of a scavenger hunt that we can complete at the bars in the evening, but we would like to do something in the afternoon too (that won't break the bank).  I would thoroughly appreciate ANY ideas for things we can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment