Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blondie blonde.

I get the occasional compliment on my blonde (spell check is preferring blond here, but I like blondE) locks.  Actually, I have been almost every color on the wheel.  I have been slacking in the hair department lately, especially since I was worried about how my feathers would feel about a change.  So I grabbed a chunk of saran wrap (to protect my feathers) and went to work.

Naturally, I forgot to take before/during pictures, so you get the afters. :)

My hair nearly blends in with the wall.  Ridiculous.

This is the magic stuff.  I get it from Sally's Beauty Supply and mix it with Ion's 20 Developer.  It also comes in little packets.  One packet gets mixed with 2 oz of developer.  If you buy the tub, use 4 scoops to 2 oz of developer.  I use a brush and my artistic skills.  I left the color on my hair for about 30 minutes this time, and it turned out whiiite.  I only color my roots now too, attempting to prevent maximum damage.

*I am in no way a professional at doing this.  Don't attempt to do this yourself if you're not prepared to deal with the consequences.  Personally, I know that hair grows back and can be changed, so I'm not worried about messing it up.

** I was also way too lazy to take pics with my camera & upload, so my webcam did the work today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment