Friday, September 2, 2011

Book Club Friday!


Book Club Friday,
I have missed you.

I am addicted to The Hunger Games.
I previously wondered what all the hype was about,
now I know.

[via amazon]

Book Description: 
"Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place. "

My Review:
READ IT.  NOW.  I can't believe that this series is marketed as teenage literature, but it is fantastic.  I fell in love with Katniss immediately.  I blasted through the first two books in a week, and am on the third now.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series, but it sounds so intense!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have heard from tons of people that these are good books.

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby liked these books. He said I would enjoy them, so I may have to borrow them from him! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) It's an amazing series. I was disappointed in the third book but it's still one of the best series I have ever read. I'm so excited for the movie!!

    ReplyDelete